|Credits: Dieter Geweniger, 2010|
Basically, Jim Sloman claimed that financial markets behave according to a predictable repeating order and patterns having roughly the same number of major high and low turning points in specific time frames.
Unlike most other trading systems, the Delta Phenomenon places emphasis on time rather than price. It is essentially a swing trading system focusing on time, a cycle system, where markets make highs and lows based on pre-determined solunar cycles. Delta does not attempt to forecast exact price levels, but a combination with price-focused approaches such as Fibonacci, trend lines, Elliot Waves is recommended. Read Wilder's book on the Delta Phenomenon e.g. HERE
The basic assumptions of the Delta Phenomenon are that all freely traded financial markets repeat directly or inversely . . .
- every 4 revolutions of the Earth = every 4 Days = Short Term Delta (STD)
- every 4 revolutions of the Moon around the Earth = every 4 Lunar Months = 118.12 CD = Intermediate Term Delta (ITD)
- every complete Tidal Cycle = every Lunar Year = 354.36 CD = Medium Term Delta (MTD)
- every 4 revolutions of the Earth around the Sun = every 4 Solar Years = 1416 CD = Long Term Delta (LTD)
- every complete total interaction of the Sun, Moon and Earth = every 19 Years and 5 Hours = Super Long Term Delta (SLTD)
- Inversions = change of Delta high/low or low/high rotation = can only occur in the Inversion Time Window (ITW).
- Inversion Time Window (ITW) = period of time repeating with exact frequency. The ITW begins with last Delta turning point in previous series and continues until the second turning point in the new series. The ITW is the only place in time that inversion can occur. A common ITD-solution for the S&P 500 is a series with 12 turning points within 4 Lunar Months.
- In-Between Point (IBP) = extra point in series may occur only in ITW = IBP may occur on either side of Point #1 thus causing an inversion resulting in change of rotation = IBP may also occur on both sides of Point #1 thus causing two inversions which result in no change of rotation. Hence for example the above mentioned ITD-solution for the S&P 500 may have up to 14 turning points.
The peaks in the diagram of a spectrum analysis based on the Moon phases correspond to the most powerful cycles that exist in the Moon phase metrics. This is why the period of these cycles is shown in degrees of the Moon phase. In this particular case, there is the highest peak of 1440.5 degrees of the Moon phases cycle. In other words, according to the spectrogram, the stock market tends to repeat its pattern every time when the Moon changes its phase on 1440.5 degrees. This approximately corresponds to a 118.19 days (approximately because this is a slightly irregular cycle).
|Calculated with TimingSolution|
The reason for the tidal effect is the ecliptic path of the Moon around the Earth and the Earth’s daily cycle of 24 hours. Through this mechanism, the Moon affects our daily lives. It also affects the biological clocks and the mental attitudes of all living organisms through a mysterious mechanism. The force of the Moon’s gravity on the Earth is 2.5 times more than the Sun’s, and for that reason alone it affects us that much more. Humans, animals, and plants change under the Moon’s light. Nothing stays the same in terms of thoughts and attitudes. Two phases of the Moon are most important: The new Moon and full Moon. During full-Moon periods, the Earth’s magnetic field is filled with extra ionization and biological life is influenced more. As the number of positive ions entering is temporarily higher, humans and animals feel repressed. Some scientists say humans are bombarded by a wider spectrum of electromagnetic waves during full Moons.
The word “lunatic” describes people who go crazy at those times, because psychotic behavior increases during full Moons. At the full-Moon phase, the Moon is at the “magnetic tail” created by particles swirling around the Earth. The Moon reaches that point in four days, and this sometimes creates an imbalance in the Earth’s magnetic field. In the new-Moon phase, the Moon enters between the Sun and the Earth, and its physical body obstructs the particles coming from the Sun, and some geomagnetic disturbances are experienced. During full Moons, our creativity also peaks. It is the time to give birth to new things. Everything now becomes evident. Instead of acting alone, this period gives us the energy to act together. Consequently, full Moons allow us to integrate and exchange love instead of conflict and diversity. As I emphasized before, the Sun, the Moon, and the planets are the universal powers that emit electromagnetic waves. We respond to these energies in the light of our consciousness and awareness level.