Thursday, March 22, 2012

John Hampson: On Gold


The fiat system is unsustainable on current trends, but debt limits in the major developed nations are further out, circa 2030, so those buying gold as protection against its collapse are too early, in my view. Investment and central bank demand are the growth areas for gold, and I expect them to reverse once a new secular growth cycle emerges and dividend-less gold suddenly doesn’t look very appealing.

All that said, gold has been a source of great profits since I started trading, because of its enduring secular bull since 2000, and I am overweight precious metals currently, anticipating that the biggest gains are yet to come in an imminent finale. By solar cycles, the peak should be 2013, and thereafter I don’t want any gold in my portfolio – not until the next secular commodities bull in the 2030s.






































www.astrocycle.net